Who is Eligible?
- You must be a Hamilton County resident for at least 90 days.
- You must not have access or be eligible for any other type of insurance or government sponsored healthcare program.
- You annual household income must be at or below 150% of the federal poverty level. You will be required to provide documentation about your income.
What is Project Access?
Project Access is a referral network that offers access to specialty medical care for low-income people in Hamilton County who do not have insurance. Project Access helps patients get specialty health care that the primary care clinics may not provide, physicians care, and hospital care.
How Can I be Enrolled?
You need to be referred to Project Access by a participating physician or community health clinic. When we receive your referral, we will schedule an appointment to review your income and other information to see if you qualify.
How Does the Process Work?
Prospective patients will talk to an eligibility specialist. If you qualify for other medical benefits like TennCare, you must apply for these programs. In some cases, you can be enrolled in Project Access as a short-term option until your other benefits begin.
Project Access patients are enrolled for three to six months, based on their expected treatment needs. Care can be extended as recommended by the treating physician. We will identify specialists who can help you and schedule your appointments. You will get an identification card to present in your health care visits.
Most services are provided at no cost; however, Project Access may not cover some needed services, especially if a test needs to be done by a nonparticipating lab.
Tell Me More!
Resources for Patients
Project Access has created a handy guide to assist patients in finding primary care and other resources. Click here to download the brochure. This brochure also has a "Where to Call for Help" section including information on the United Way's 211 program.
Instructions to download and complete Project Access Patient Application:
- Ensure you have Adobe Reader installed on your computer or mobile device. You may download Adobe Reader by clicking here.
- Download Application and save to a location on your device.
- Open Application in Adobe Reader and fill it out completely.
- When your Application is complete, save it using "Save As" and use your name as the file name. i.e., "John Doe Application."
- You may print your Application and bring it with you to your intake interview or send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Application will not work if you are using Internet Explorer browser. We suggest using a browser such as Chrome, Safari, Firefox or Opera.